Monday, April 29, 2013

No excuses: Weekend edition

What a busy weekend!

Woke up Saturday at around 6 a.m. - before the alarm went off. Laid in bed thinking, "It's too early to be up on a Saturday. I should go back to sleep for a little while." But, instead, I got up and made myself a nice little fruit salad with frozen bananas, peaches and strawberries with some coconut milk and topped with coconut flakes and almonds and hazelnuts (bottom of the bag for both). So. Good! See:


Then, it was off to Milestone for the Saturday Community WOD. And, it was a doozy! A partner WOD, but intense. I don't think I've ever sweated like that before. It was even dripping down my nose! I know, TMI, but I needed to paint a picture. Here's the WOD:



Intense, but kind of fun. Sadistic much? Jake had a baseball game, so I went straight there. That's right. Straight there. No shower. Those poor people!

Stayed up late watching TV with Jake, so, of course Sunday's excuse was...because I'm tired! And I was, but I got up, made myself a nice little brekky of a sweet potato with almond butter and eggs. Then, I went for a nice 4 mile run. It really was a good one. Like, one of those runs that just sort of reminds you why you love running to begin with. Gets you motivated again. LOVE those runs!


I will be starting over on the squat challenge because I didn't do ANY (other than the ones in Saturday's WOD) this weekend. But, overall, I'd call this weekend a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment